Sat, Oct 21|
Northwest Medical Massage
Tucson Arizona - Upper Body-Neural Reset Therapy® (NRT) (1)
NRT will teach you an ingenious way of how to use the nervous system to release the muscles. In this Upper body class, you will learn how to apply established neurological/physiological laws to quickly banish the pain and tightness found in dysfunctional muscle tissue.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 9:00 AM MST – Oct 22, 6:00 PM MST
Northwest Medical Massage, 205 W Giaconda Way, Tucson, AZ 85704, USA
About The Event
Topics of the course:
1. The origins and development of NRT – how it came to be and the six powerful insights that allowed this approach to become a powerful tool for any hands-on therapist.
2. Understanding how NRT works – develop a deeper understanding about the importance of mechanoreceptors in any type of manual therapy.
4. Updated information about trigger points, bands, and nodules
5. How to optimally palpate in NRT – with practice labs.
6. The importance of communication with your clients. NRT emphasizes clients to actively participate in their healing process.
7. The six application methods and tweaking developed to reliably reset the muscle tonus – with practice labs.
8. The Rules For Optimal Results – a complete set of guidelines to ensure that the therapist will succeed.
9. The Zones – the lower body has been divided into discrete zones to make it easy on the therapist to know which techniques to use and to serve as a checklist for a very thorough treatment session.
10. The Muscles – covered both in the classroom and in the hands-on portion of the course.
11. The Techniques – 28 techniques developed for the live course. You will be able to release the muscular pain and tightness for the thighs, psoas, calves, hips, glutes, low back, and abdominals.
Class size is limited to maximize your personal attention time from the instructor. Sign up today to take your practice to the next level.
Prepare for the class
Wear thin, soft, flexible clothing for the classes. Materials like t-shirts, yoga, and exercise clothing are excellent as long as they are thin, soft and pliable. No face cradles or oils/ lotions/ creams are used. Bring your table unless instructed otherwise. Taylor reflex hammers are used for some of the techniques. That is the tomahawk style. (Other types are less effective.) They will be available at each workshop at a reasonable cost ($10) if you do not own one or forget to bring yours. The Trail Guide to the Body, the 4th or 5th edition, is our reference anatomy guide for this class. All of the class manuals have page numbers linked to this book. It has excellent illustrations that make it easy for the therapist to locate the muscles and their attachment sites. This book is not mandatory, however is strongly recommended. We suggest that you study before class time where muscles attach to the bones.
Muscles to Study for the Upper Body Live Class
Be aware of the location of these muscles and the actions they produce: • Biceps Brachii/Brachialis • Deltoid (Anterior) • Erector Spinae – Iliocostalis, Longissimus, Spinalis • Infraspinatus • Latissimus Dorsi • Levator Scapula • Masseter • Pectoralis Major and Minor • Pterygoids – Medial and Lateral • Rhomboids – Major and Minor • Scalenes – Anterior, Middle, and Posterior • Serratus Posterior Inferior • Splenius Capitus and Cervicis • Sternocleidomastoid • Suboccipitals (Posterior) – Rectus Capitis Posterior Major and Minor, Oblique Capitus Superior and Inferior • Subscapularis • Temporalis • Teres Minor • Transversospinalis Group – Rotatores, Multifidi • Trapezius – Lower, Middle, and Upper • Triceps Brachii – Long, Lateral, and Medial
Oct 10, 11:05 AM MST
Save $100 by signing up today!
Retake this class
Oct 19, 11:05 AM MST
Have you taken the class before? Tell me the dates and instructor and class you attended. You will receive 16 NCBTMB ceu's and an updated manual!